Providing Supportive Documentation
It is important to provide substantial documentation that supports the specific details of what occurred to cause the employee’s discharge.
- What did the employee do to be discharged?
- How was it substantiated that this incident took place?
- How was the action against the policy?
- How did they know the policy?
- Has the employee been offered a warning?
- How and when were they were warned?
- Was the employee given the opportunity to improve?
It is important to remember that employees may have a very different outlook on the events that took place or even completely deny any wrongdoing, so the details are essential to proving misconduct.